Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Perks of Being a Wallflower

In the wake of the coming movie, I read the book my cousin made me borrow.

Though I didn't really love the novel because it reminded me too much of the Catcher in the Rye, there are some things I LOVED about it. It has its own playlist, book list and movie list. The characters were very memorable. Then it also contained one of the days dearest to me. Lucky day.

Perks of being a wallflower
ahh good ol' Nick Drake in the list!

Perks of being a wallflower
I've only read Peter Pan, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Catcher..., and Walden

Perks of being a wallflower
Still have to watch My Life as a Dog and The Unbelievable Truth

Perks of being a wallflower
The day I turned 9 :)

My favorite quote in the book is a conversation Charlie, the main character, had with his English teacher, Bill.

~ Do you always think this much, Charlie?

~ Is that bad?

~ Not necessarily. It's just that sometimes people use thought to not participate in life.

As for the movie, it stars Logan Lerman, Emma Watson, and a young actor I've been hearing (reading) a lot lately, Ezra Miller. Paul Rudd will be Bill, the English teacher! Yes, he deserves an exclamation mark. :)


1 comment:

  1. Great and enjoyable Movie..

    The Story of this Movie is very interesting,Everyone is or has been nervous about starting up their first year in high school. Friends you had in middle school don't talk to you, it's a bigger environment, and you're surrounded by sex, drugs, language, and older kids on a constant basis.At any time you can watch The Perks of Being a Wallflower Movie and enjoy with friends.

    ReplyDelete