Monday, September 11, 2023

Love-hate Relationship

"Love-hate relationship," started kuya Alfer. That was his relationship with his mom. He told us in the most honest, uninhibited eulogy I have ever witnessed.

Love-hate relationship -- that is me and my parents. But mostly love... I hope. So when I heard kuya Alfer relate his story, I started to cry, although I tried so hard not to. That was the first time I ever cried in a funeral, and I couldn't even get out of the packed canopy tent to hide my face because of the sudden rainfall on a sunny afternoon. In our own language, when it rains while the sun is out, we say there's a "Pista sa Langit" (Feast in Heaven). And there really was a celebration in Heaven that day because it also happened to be Mama Mary's birthday.

After a short while, I could hear a few sniffles here and there. What a relief! I was not alone then.

1 comment:

  1. i agree ani. bisan kami pod sa among papa ug mama, sometimes, naay binundakay sa phone or shagit sometimes but mostly, sige ra baya pod mi pangatawa.

    ReplyDelete