Friday, May 9, 2008

RPN is back

I'm so glad RPN 9 is back. I know it was never gone, but it sure was on hiatus for almost a year (I think) here in Davao. I thought it would never come back on air and how I missed their shows. Without that channel, our television was stuck to ABS-CBN. Though we're lucky to have free CNN and Disney channel (I don't know why it's still there), it's never the same without RPN.

Yesterday, the first RPN show I watched after several months of being gone was the X-Files, from an episode way, way back. David Duchovny looked so young! Also, I noticed this other logo at the top of the screen. I'm sure there are a lot of changes in the line-up and shows among other things and I still have to explore them. Nevertheless, I'm all so excited.

I remember the first time channel 9 had its broadcast. I was very young then. It was one afternoon and we only had black and white tv. I flipped through the channels and there it was, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles the Movie. I don't know what TNMT movie it was because I didn't get to start it. Anyway, I got so excited that I ran to my uncle's house, which is just at the back. Then I shouted outside his room's window, "Kol, naa nay channel nine!" I don't know why I informed my uncle first. But that's how it went. My uncle's very fond of films just like me.

=)

5 comments:

  1. was mari mar shown in rpn ba? hehe... i think it was rpn, but i'm really not sure.

    i'm happy your rpn's back. =D

    and happy mom's day to your mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks acey!

    yep marimar was shown in rpn.. i even watched it twice everyday, with my brother, hehehe kasi dalawa sked nila nun for marimar. 1 pm and another one in the evening =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. tsktsk!!!

    alam mo bang pinalitan na ng la femme nikita ang Xfiles both in the 6pm and 1am slot...nalungkot talaga ako...

    bumlife!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ay may 1 am pa diyan? naku dito hanggang 11 pm lang yata sign off na.

    di ko pa rin magets ang sked nila hanggang ngayon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow. balik na ang rpn. havent watched tv lately..
    i used to watch roswell, mari mar.. luz clarita over at rpn. oh and rescue 911 and how did they do that? and just kidding..

    ReplyDelete