Thursday, November 26, 2020

Scrap Yarns and a Fair Isle-Inspired Crochet Beanie

Scrap Yarns - nephithyrion

It has been almost a year since I had a finished crochet project. The largest I've made was a grey granny square cardigan, which unfortunately came out short. Perhaps someone smaller than my size would be happy to have it.

Last year I had this urge to minimize my possessions, to focus on the essential things, and let go of unnecessary distractions. I didn't need a Marie Kondo to organize my life because I have always done what she was teaching. I was never a hoarder and kept everything simple. But I still felt the need to pare down a lot of things, including lists, projects, and online presence.

So I started with the easiest: books and craft supplies. I have been gradually donating my books and reducing my reading list to the ones I really want to read. No more pressure from peers and "books everyone should read" lists.

Fair Isle-inspired crochet beanie (nephithyrion)
Fair Isle-inspired crochet beanie

Next, I started to gather my leftover yarns and looked for projects that could use all those up. The first one was a Fair Isle-inspired crochet beanie. This took a long time to finish because I had no idea how to do it. It's not perfect, nevertheless looks pretty when worn by my sister.

I have another ongoing scrap crochet project, but it looks lousy; I don't know if I can save it. We'll see.

Stay safe, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment