Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Zombie Dream

Zombie Detective
Zombie Detective


Zombie Detective's first episode reminded me of a dream I had a year ago. In the drama, the zombie woke up retaining human consciousness, although unable to speak. And his first few days were spent contemplating his current state and what brought him there. His thoughts, or because he HAD thoughts, were what brought me back to the early hours of September 2, 2020, when I almost turned into a zombie...

I found myself in a room full of people who were hiding from zombies. There were two classroom doors (the ones with glass) and a big hall outside. I was guarding one of the doors when outsiders --- two kids, two men, and a woman --- rushed into the hall. There were zombies, too, but they were not yet attacking the people clamoring to be let in.

The people with me agreed to open the doors simultaneously. Then when we opened the doors, there was suddenly a struggle, and out of nowhere, my hand was bitten by a female zombie. We didn't have a choice; the classroom people had to let me go.

When I got out, I saw another room full of people inside the single-storey building. One by one, the zombies went out of the building until only two of us were left. I was determined to make the last zombie leave. As a distraction, I banged and locked one of the exit doors of the building (again, there were two). And startled by the sound, she got out of the door nearest her. I got out after her and locked the door behind me. The people inside were now safe.

I looked back at the building. I supposed no one would be watching or go looking for me as I had no family there. I decided to await my transformation quietly under a tree just a short distance away...

In the movie #Alive, a bitten man was fighting his transformation. He knew it was inevitable, yet his mental state was borne out of fear of becoming a zombie. Mine was of sadness. It was one of those dreams that made me cry when I woke up. I cried thinking about how it was going to be a lonely, slow death. I guess it also represented the events of this pandemic, and a realization that eventually we all die alone.

Keep safe.

P.S. I forgot about Warm Bodies. I liked that, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment