Last Saturday morning, I got a message from my friend Gie, who was attending the first Asian Catholic Digital Missionary Assembly in Manila that time as a representative of DVDMFI, where I volunteer as a web admin. A week before the event, I asked her to say hello to Fr. Columba for me, because he was going to be one of the speakers.
Fr. Columba Jordan, CFR is an Irish Franciscan Friar of the Renewal and is the host of the Little by Little podcast in the Called To More YouTube channel. I think I've been subscribed to the channel for almost three years now. And I look up to him as a sort of Spiritual Director, because, you know, we all can't have one in person.
During the run of the assembly, Gie has been giving me updates on Fr. Columba, sending me pictures of his talks, and telling me to watch the streamed videos of the event. But that Saturday morning, I received a video. And it was not a video of Fr. Columba speaking on stage. It was him facing the camera!
While watching the video message, I was suppressing a scream, and got teary-eyed. I couldn't believe he said my name, and I got a blessing, too. Thank you, Gie, for this gift! Now every time I watch the video, I can't help but smile from ear to ear.
It's rare for me to have a "fangirl" moment. The last time something like this happened was during Myspace days (2 decades ago!). An American indie band I liked called Space Man Spiff sent me a copy of their CD for being their most distant fan. At another time, I uploaded a concert video of Starsailor to YouTube. Instead of asking me to remove it, Starsailor embedded the video to their official Myspace page instead. Seems silly now, but I was proud of that.You can follow the following Called To More accounts: YouTube, Instagram.
If you're looking for other Catholic channels to follow, check out:
No comments:
Post a Comment